Mycloud stable with transmission installed?

Hi,

Now I’m using a MBL 3TB with transmission with any issues at all, the only “issue” is that I can download at 4 mb/s at max, because if I try to download quicker, MBL was not accesible and turns toooooooo slow.

I’m thinking to buy a 4TB Mycloud and I have several questions:

1. Can I install transmission without any problem and system degradation ?.

2. Transmisson was accesible throught web and mobile apps (torrents clients) from outside my network by 3g or 4g for example?

3. Can I download quicker than 4 mb/s without system goes really slow? I have 100/10 internet connection

4. Transmission starts automattically each time that system boot? And can I make permanent changes in transmission config file. to prevent lose it each time that system boot.

All the questions is because I’ve read too much post with lost files, slow connection, system partition degradation, etc … after installing transmission.

Thank you very much 

anybody can help me …please

Hi Please see blelow for answers> jdgszorro wrote:

Hi,

Now I’m using a MBL 3TB with transmission with any issues at all, the only “issue” is that I can download at 4 mb/s at max, because if I try to download quicker, MBL was not accesible and turns toooooooo slow.

I’m thinking to buy a 4TB Mycloud and I have several questions:

1. Can I install transmission without any problem and system degradation ?. (I have no issues. Yes, its can be slightly sluggish while torrents are active, but given the high speed you would be downloading at, torrents will complete pretty fast. I have a simiar internet connection and i’ve had no real problems)

1. Transmisson was accesible throught web and mobile apps (torrents clients) from outside my network by 3g or 4g for example? yes

1. Can I download quicker than 4 mb/s without system goes really slow? I have 100/10 internet connection (i download at about 6-7MB, very slightly sluggish but not for more than a few minutes)

1. Transmission starts automattically each time that system boot? And can I make permanent changes in transmission config file. to prevent lose it each time that system boot. yes, would have to make some persmission changes. I had posted in the past how to get everything running.

All the questions is because I’ve read too much post with lost files, slow connection, system partition degradation, etc … after installing transmission.

Thank you very much 

Yes , I have installed transmission.

It’ OK for everything.

Mycloud 3TB

Hi,

How do you access Mycloud outside of your home network?

I tried to access the mycloud external link with 9091 port, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Also, ever since i’ve installed transmission, my mycloud has “hung” twice… It’s still has “blue light” but remote access to it has been disabled…

Any idea why?

you should be able to access it from outside your network by using your external ip address followed by :9091

ideally you should control internal network processes externally (internet) via a vpn connection.

or insecurelly by tunnelling via your router onto the transmission socket address (9091) to your my cloud hosting the transmission daemon. You then can connect to the my cloud externally connecting to your router. If you do this, then make sure your transmission has a good username/password and even limit the ipaddress that is allowed to connect on this socket 9091 within your router… you are opening your network to the world!

Thanks for all the advices everyone.

Unfortunately, my Mycloud has been have “hanging”… The box shows the blue light, but i’m unable to get into it’s UI, and even SSH connection is down. I’ve had to manually reboot the box by plugging out the power supply thrice. 

This phenomenal started only when i had to downgrade my firmware (to v03.04.01-230) so that i could install Transmission. Error is not due to disk space as well, i’ve checked with “df -h”. 

Anyone with ideas on how to find out the problem?

Nodnarboen - If SSH connection is down, how did you check with “df -h”??

Hi,

Your options is to RMA or try this link below to install a CLEAN 03.04.01-230 image with Transmission preinstalled.

Link to install CLEAN 03.04.01-230 image with Transmission preinstalled.

Good luck!