MyCloud shows 0MB after unbricking

Hey,
I’ve just unbricked MyCloud gen2 3TB according to this manual https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_6OlQ_H0PxVRXllYjY5RG1CZEU of that awesome guy, but after recreating partitions and label and uploading original WD firmware it shows 0MB of free space and I can’t format disk, create new shared folder, it simply can’t see main data volume. What can I do? I’ve no problem with loosing all data. Thanks for responses

Have you done a 40 second reset after unbricking?

unfortunately didn’t help :frowning:

Do reset from webgui (Don’t format/delete user data, just full reset)

Oh, thanks, that should work, but it will be tens of hours, isn’t quick restore enough?

Quick Restore creates a new file table on the device, but does not fully overwrite or erase the drive

After 3 hours showing 0% progress… it will last 15 days ?? :frowning:

I let it 10 hours, even so it showed 0% progress so I disconnected power and it is the same - 0MB. Please help. I also tried installing debian jessie according to @Fox_exe’s manual but I always ended up with MyCloud 10 minutes booting, yellow blinking and refusing my SSH connection… according to logs it didn’t ever booted up with debian even though I let it hours :cry:

Any luck at the momento @Filip_K???

Regards

Nope :frowning:

@Filip_K won’t give up haha. I don’t have access to My Cloud at the moment, but as soon as I can I will try 2 more things:

1. Try to repeat the process you posted above and after seting up, I will configure the flags in Gparted (Ubuntu Linux) and then I’ll get into the web UI and try to upgrade the firmware. If doesn’t work, I’ll do the raid to JBOD think that asks and then the firmware upgrade.
  2. I’ll do the thing I described above but instead of the last process, I’ll try to push a firmware upgrade via SSH.
  3. The same thing but I’ll try to follow Fox’s process to change the OS to Debian CleanOS.

Hope something like that works.otherwise I’ll ran out of ideas.

Did you fix it? it just happened the same to me

Unfortunately I didn’t. I removed the harddrive from the MyCloud and I am developing a low-end NAS controlled by Raspberry Pi now.