MyCloud server problem

Can anyone tell us when the “server problem” WD’s customer support staff says you are experiencing will be resolved so that we can actually access our MyCloud drives from somewhere other than the local area network to which they are physically connected? Without remote access it isn’t really a cloud drive. It’s just an expensive external hard drive.

I even called today from UK to god knows where and guy told they have server problems… I restored system and lost all my files this is second they I dealing with the problems and not happy yet…

Please fix it!

hipsteriits wrote:

I even called today from UK to god knows where and guy told they have server problems… I restored system and lost all my files this is second they I dealing with the problems and not happy yet…

Please fix it!

yes definitely a danger of storing files in the cloud… 

Hello to all the users,

Please refer to the following thread to continue with your conversation.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-WD2Go-com-and-WDMyCloud-com-users-in-relay-mode-are/m-p/706066#M10834

Imho the only problem arises because they store that database on a MyCloud :wink:

Hello All. Does anyone know when this problem (server down) is estimated to be fixed? The reason I purchased My Cloud is to be able to use it when we need it. It is becoming very inconvenient as I use it for my work-Joseph.

LinAdmin21 wrote:

If you browse this forum you will find a lot of comments describing firmware bugs of MyCloud.
Imho it will take months or forever until you get a working firmware.
If you see that this  nick has not logged in for a few days then most probably it has
been banned by the gang of WD mods who do not like my postings :smiley:

Why do you talk about this being firmware?   The problem is not firmware - it is server side?  Do you create problems on purpose to be banned - a kind of “self fulfulling prophecy?”

Quick course is something else and with much glory WD has not covered itself, more than a week is already fierce.
Super, the cloud does so (once) again on the Internet - but the condition we had ever!
Let’s see how long it holds up this time.

I can confirm the problem is solved here for me in Stuttgart, Germany, iOS device, T-Mobile

It seems to work ok now. Maybe bit slower than usall, but it could be local internet speed. Thank you WD for working so hard to solve this problem. Joseph-Malta