MyCloud requiring login

I have a 4 tb Mycloud that I can use my laptop with Windows 7 on home network with NO password for both. Now I have a new laptop with Windows 10 which when I try to open the drive with explorer its asking for login ! I don’t have a login for Mycloud I can still use Laptop with W7 using explorer to move or delete files but W10 will not allow me on the drive with out login ? is there a trick ?

@Rick_Thomas Try your admin name for your My Cloud and no password. That’s what I am having to do for my 2nd generation My Cloud.

I don’t have a admin name for My Cloud

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows 10.
Windows 10 will not allow you to access any Samba Share without a network password regardless if the network share is password protected or not.

Just go to support.wdc.com and search Windows 10

Who is the administrator for the My Cloud you are using? The Administrators name should have a check mark beside it.

Are you able to provide an image of what you are being asked for? Is it for WD UN and PW or Network UN and PW?

Are you talking about using File Explorer and then opening it in your Network? See image below.

Have you looked in Credential Manager to see if there is anything in it for your My Cloud?

Here is what I was talking about when I try to open my Dashboard. I have to delete admin and enter my admin (administrators) name without a password.

The only password I have is the WIFI password logging into the network. I was afraid it was a Windows 10 ■■■■ ! Time to reformat the Laptop to Windows 7 !

This is located at my vacation home. I will be going this weekend for Fathers day I will let you know :slight_smile: Thank you for the help !

YES that is indeed your problem.

1. Login to the My Cloud Dashboard and login
  2. Set a simple password for your My Cloud User
  3. Reboot Windows 10
  4. Login with your username and password - hopefully you’re not using an email address (Windows online account) as the Windows 10 login because these steps will not work :frowning: In this case, you’ll need to create a local user account on Windows 10.
  5. When you try to access the My Cloud via Network Share, use the My Cloud username and password

@socallinux Thank you, but I don’t consider this a problem after I found out what to use to get to my Dashboard. I don’t want to use a password.

As I said, it is simple I enter my admin name and then open my dashboard. Prior to this last update I didn’t have to do this my admin name was already in the box and all I had to do was click on Login and it opened.