Mycloud OS5 webbrowser interface is a huge step backwards

I have used WD EX4100 devices for years and found that using the old Windows desktop app gave me a really easy way to access my files whenever I was somewhere away from my home. Now this upgrade to OS5 seems to be a HUGE step backwards.
Yes I can log in to “My Cloud” and I can see the list of folders and files on my EX4100 that is back at home BUT how do I download a file to the laptop I’m currently working on ? How do I upload a file from this laptop back into my EX4100 at home so that it’s there for use when I return home ? “Sending an invite” to “view” or “collaborate” to myself is just ridiculous…

I could easily and safely download, edit and re-upload when we had the previous OS and the Windows Desktop App but now!! If I am missing something please tell me but it seems to me that this latest development is just not fit for purpose
PhilipJ

Exactly the same reason I’m abandoning WD NAS drives. The feature set reduction and lack of remote usability has frustrated me to no end!

1 Like

perhaps a bit cheeky to ask on a WD forum, but have you found a good alternative ?

I find most tech stuff is annoying in that you can’t really find out the details of what it is capable of until after you’ve bought it!!

PhilipJ

1 Like