MyCloud on Strike - Up and running but not serving requests

Hello to the Community,

First post as I´m going crazy with this issue.

4 weeks ago I could not longer browse my files. I can map the drives, see folders at root but it takes 60 seconds average to get into a sub-folder. No way to read files.

Device status: led is blue, I can ping the device, connection to internet. As usual since I bought it 3 yeards ago.

Using WD My Cloud? It can´t connect, “sit back while …” message for hours.
Browser access local WLAN? after minutes it starts downloading firmware version, list of drives, etc…
WD Web Site My Cloud: it can´t get to the device

Last discovery: I rebooted the device. Once I could ping it from my PC, I could map the drives and browse content normally. Device´s led was still blinking in white. As soon as Device´s led turned to “blue” I heard a funny noise and the problem came back, performance went down to zero, I can´t browse directories, nor connect with WD My Cloud.

Any idea? Suggestions on what should I check, reasearch? Someone with the same issue? Firmware issue?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Ignacio

Sometimes it helps to do a 40 second reset and reconfigure the My Cloud using the Dashboard.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=13986

Also have any changes been made on the local network recently? Like changing to a new ISP or changing the network router/gateway?

1 Like