MyCloud not fully recognised on my network

Hi, apologies if this has come up elsewhere, I did search and found similar issues but not the same.

I have just setup a new laptop today.
The router is wired into a gigabite switch and the laptop and 2 WD NAS drives are connected to the switch. The laptop has Norton on it which I have never previously used.

Also into the switch is a sonos and TV. My music library is on one of the NAS drives and through the sonos app I can play music on any of my sonos speakers so all works as expected.

However, on the laptop on file explorer when I click on “Network” all the devices appear, including the NAS drives under the heading “storage devices” BUT I cannot click into these drives to see/access all the many folders and files within them. Instead all I can do is access the device webpage.

I’m pretty sure this is probably a very easy setting I haven’t ticked or maybe a Norton issue? It’s been that long since I initially set it all up on my old laptop I can’t remember how to resolve these issues. So I’m summary I’d say the laptop can see the drives but just can’t access them.

Can anyone help please. I can upload some pictures of the “network” screen in file explorer if that is of help.

Hi @sdreiter,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask