MyCloud MKV streaming and Raspberry Pi Compatibility

Hi WD community, I’m fairly new to the whole NAS scene and I was looking to purchase the MyCloud as my main media server and backup. I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience the mycloud with respect to MKV streaming and raspberry Pi connectivity. Thanks!

Hello,

The My Cloud should be compatible with most devices that support the following protocols CIFS/SMB, NFS, FTP, AFP. The My Cloud also supports MKV file streaming.

Check pages 98 and 105 of the User’s manual for more information.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf 

Yes, you should have no issues streaming mkvs from the MyCloud to the RPi.

I have streamed 1080p mkvs (h.264) from the MyCloud to my RPi (Xbian & OpenELEC) via SMB and NFS without any issues…well not without any issues, but those problems have been on the Xbian or OpenELEC side.

can some one help and tell which version of Twonky Media Server comes preinstalled in My Cloud

Aditya_Chow wrote:

can some one help and tell which version of Twonky Media Server comes preinstalled in My Cloud

Well, I’m not sure what that has to do with the OP’s original post.  If you have a question that is separate from the original post that is started you should start a new thread.

But anyway, I believe that the Twonky version is 7, although I don’t know the exact version number.

It comes with Twonky Server 7.2.3

according to the image in the above linked pdf

I know the reviews have stated version 7

But its also possible that the version in the image could be wrong

and it could be an even newer build like 7.2.4 or 7.2.5 or newer

as they could have taken the image in the pdf a lot earlier in its deisgn cycle

and possibly used a newer one later on, but only someone who has one can verify this

Its 7.2.3