MyCloud Mirror not running at GB speed

Forgive me if this has been addressed, I searched and could not find an an answer anywhere.

I have a Mycloud Mirror 8gb, connected to an Apple Airport Timecapsule Extreme, via a CAT5 cable.  The Airport is connected to the cable modem via a CAT5 cable as well. 

The Airport is a gigabit router, yet the mycloud mirror only sees it asa a 10/100 connection (light on the lan port is green).  My understanding is that if you are seeing gigabit seppeds the lan light is yellow.

So… I have tried swapping cables, with no effect.  Is there a setting I am missing? Do I need to buy a seperate gigabit switch and just hook everything into it?  I havent tried assigning a static IP, but i can’t believe that will have any effect on my issue.

Please help!

Thanks

Steven

keysparamedic wrote:

The Airport is a gigabit router, yet the mycloud mirror only sees it asa a 10/100 connection (light on the lan port is green).  My understanding is that if you are seeing gigabit seppeds the lan light is yellow.

You have it backwards.  Yellow=10/100, Green=Gigabit

1 Like

Ok, thanks.  It is difficult to find documentation on this, and the few threads i was able to find said it was the other way.

(A wonder you can’t believe everything you read on the internet… lol)

Thanks for the help !

Steven

keysparamedic wrote:

Ok, thanks.  It is difficult to find documentation on this

… from Page 8 of the User’s Manual:

Capture.PNG