MyCloud Keeps Beeping

Hello,

I purchased a MyCloud Home 4 TB, its beeps every so often. I returned it and got a new one, and the new one is doing the same exact thing. It is not a loud beep, but it is in my living room sitting and gets annoying. Is this normal, or is there a way to turn the beeping off?

I’ve talked to Support and and just said to return it after trying a few things, and the troubleshoot links do not help either.

I tried doing a device logs, but it opens a new screen then disappears, doesn’t download or show anything.

Thanks

I have the same drive and it does not beep. What kind of a beep is it? I had an old hard drive that made a kind of chirping sound that was caused by the drive breaking down, it was a mechanical chirp of something rubbing/scraping. Silly thing worked for months after that, but I bought a replacement immediately.

As for the logs, support asked me to provide logs once, so I tried to through the web interface with no luck. Just as your described, it would open but nothing would download. Support sent me a link that worked. I don’t know why the web interface link doesn’t work.

It doesn’t sund like a mechanical chirp, and it is not constant. But it may well be and it just sounds like a beeping sound to me. Sometimes it will beep every 30 seconds, then sometimes it doesn’t do it for 15 minutes. I just returned one for doing this, and just got this one and the same day it was making the beeping sound. Weirdly enough I laid it on its side and it stopped beeping, so maybe it is mechanical?

Hard drives can beep when they are not receiving sufficient power

I would suggest if it’s plugged into a power board/strip … plug it directly into the wall socket.

If it is plugged into the wall socket … plug it into a different one

If this is the 2nd Drive you’re on doing it … and if you bought a 3rd one and it still does it, then chances are it’s not the drives, but something else in your setup causing it.

Thanks, I will try that and see if it works.