MyCloud Home not visible

I have a WD MyCloud and WD MyCloud Home on my home network. I can “see” and use both on my iMac computer.

However, I can only see the WD MyCloud using my new 55" Smart TV.

What must I do so my TV can see the MyCloud Home on the TV? I have a bunch of downloaded movies I want to transfer to the Home unit and then disconnect the MyCloud.

In advance, thanks!!

The MCH does not have a simple DLNA server until Plex is installed. The older MyCloud had an option for enabling a DLNA server which is what allows ‘smart’ tvs to see the server. Some users like to use Plex, others avoid it.

Unable to find any “services” app.

@LongIsland174
Have you checked the Knowledge Base?

Use your desktop web browser and sign into home dot mycloud dot com and look under ‘Do More’

I ran into an error with the configuration tab, but PLEX is on my iMac.

Where I think might be the problem is below. I was “bouncing” around during the PLEX “installation” so I cannot state anything other than the WDH is still not visible on my smart TV.

I think I’m “close” but still no cigar.

Here’s text that I believe might be or at least part of the problem:

• Plex Media Server service for My Cloud Home differs from other versions Plex

• ** The 1st time installation of Plex must be enabled and configured on the local network*

• ** A Free Plex Account is mandatory when used with My Cloud Home*

• ** Plex DLNA Media Server is Disabled by default, Smart TV and 3rd Party Media Players may not see the My Cloud Home until DLNA is enabled in Plex*

My goal here is to see videos stored on my MyCloud Home unit.

Is PLEX the only way for my Smart TV to “see” MCH and the movies, or is there another alternative?

Thanks in advance.2021-03-06T05:00:00Z

MCH users have been complaining about the lack of a simple DLNA since 2017. The frustrating part for many owners is that WD probably has the code to a simple DLNA service sitting around in their labs since they designed the MCH and they chose not to include or support it.

without buying many more equipment, one solution would be to see if your existing router has a USB port and a simple DLNA function. Such examples are common and the performance shown below (one would still need to copy the files from the MCH over to the USB HDD over LAN however):

That said, below is the chart of NAS performance of (almost) all of those tested. They are popular USB-enabled routers, in alphabetical order — you might find yours here.

Router is a fairly new Netgear “Nighthawk” and it has a single USB 2.0 and 3.0 port.

Progress. My Samsung TV can finally “see” the WDH unit using the Plax App. Hooray.

However, the issue is that none of the folders/sub-folders or movies in the WDH unit are visible. But this seems more like a PLEX issue that I have than a WD MyCloud Home issue.

I think . . . . . .