Mycloud Home - firmware 8.10.0-117

Can someone provide some more background to this statement in changelogs for upcoming forced software update?

it could take several hours to a few days if device has several Terabytes of content.

This looks like a risky update with considerable loss of service during the process.

The download and update should depend a lot on your internet connection and what speeds you have. What is your download and upload speed?

The download will be fine.
My concern is over the time being taken when the disk is nearly full.
I assume that it is either performing some major reindexing or is changing the file system type and having to go through a major rewrite of data.
Anything like that sounds risky to me.

The release notes that I linked to also says:

Transitioned to a more flexible and efficient way of organizing content on device storage

Anyone?
I saw that someone from WD made a response and then deleted it (before I had a chance to see it) …

@PaulWebster

Firmware Definition (techterms.com)

I do know what firmware is.
In my first post in this thread I included a link to the changelogs for this firmware update and selected some very specific text from it … and my question is about that text.

Anyone else with information?

For me worked good, almost 12 hours but no files lost

Thanks for letting me know.
How full was your drive?
Mine is 3TB and 90% full.

1tb, my full capicity is 4tb but it is on raid 1 so i have half full

Also i have a lot of big files instead of small ones (only the photos), because i almost save all in zip files

Thought I’d close this one.
Time has passed and my device updated without any obvious issues and is now running 8.11.0-113