MyCloud Home Duo NAS Drives

Good morning, WD Community.

I’m hoping someone here can answer a question I have. A few days ago, my MyCloud Home Duo suddenly had the fan kick on, spool down, and then the front light just kept blinking (not the breathing or heartbeat effect). It appears that it will no longer connect to my network (the MAC address no longer shows up in my routing table). I have contacted WD support on this but I’m afraid they will not be able to do anything for me as it is out of warranty.

I can, however, physically access the drives that are inside it. My question is this: since these drives are in a RAID 1 configuration, can I put them into another external enclosure OR put them into my tower and access the data that is on them? My concern is that the data will be wiped if I do that or that WD uses some proprietary system that will preclude me from accessing them outside of a MyCloud Home Duo unit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @mlgussow,

The instructions in the article below are designed to help change the RAID on a My Cloud or Network Attached Storage device. This process is Data Destructive and cannot be undone. Once the process begins, ALL THE DATA ON THE DRIVE WILL BE LOST.

Please refer to the below link to check How to Change the RAID Mode on a RAID Enabled My Cloud Device
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13412

That is not the answer to my question. As I stated, my Home Duo unit is inaccessible. My question was whether I can put my drives into a computer, or enclosure, and access the data.

Additionally, you did not give me instructions for the correct unit. While I appreciate that you are trying to do your job, you clearly did not read the entire post or, if you did, then you did not understand it.