MyCloud Home Access via Mail to different devices

I have a MyCloud Mirror, a buddy has exactly the same device. He is registered on his device with his e-mail address in order to be able to access it externally.

Now I have set up a user share on my cloud and of course also used his mail address. Since then he only comes to my cloud and not his. Since I deleted his email address in my cloud, he also has access to his cloud again.

How is it possible that he can also access my cloud? Does he need a second e-mail address or is there another possibility?

I’m grateful for any help!

Thank you
Andreas

If you have a My Cloud Mirror device see the dedicate subforum for the My Cloud Mirror devices. This subforum generally deals with the single bay/single drive My Cloud units which are different than the My Cloud Mirror devices.

https://community.wd.com/c/personal-cloud-storage/wd-my-cloud-mirror

Try deleting the user account you created for your friend to see if that solves the issue. Also as a troubleshooting step, turn off Cloud Access/Remote Access in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings. Wait a few minutes, then re-enabled the feature and see if the user can no longer access your device.

Thanks for your information, Bennor. Your suggestion worked.

But how to give him a permanent access to my MyCloud?

The same way you give anyone access to the My Cloud. Setup a User in the My Cloud Dashboard and give it an email address.

If you haven’t done so already you should read through the My Cloud User Manual (available from the WD Support site link at the top of the page) which explains how to use the various features and options of the My Cloud. There are specific sections on Users, Shares and Cloud Access.