MyCloud (Gen2) disconnects after about 30 min from network

My new “My Cloud Mirror Gen2” 2x4TB disconnects always after about 30 min from the network. Then I have to cycle power and it runs again for 30 min. I’ve read some older threads from June 2014 with the same issue but I’m using the newest firmware and a static ip (it doesn’t work with dhcp, too). My router is a RT-AC66U from Asus all other network devices are working fine.

Thanks for any help!

Roger

Hi, have you tried doing a system restore? What about if you connect it to a different router or a switch? Is there a way that you can set a rule on the router to reserve the IP of the My Cloud?

Hi,

no, I have not tried to do a system restore because the My Cloud is new I’ve just installed it a few days ago. I can not install it to a different router because I have only one but I can try to install it on a different switch (but I don’t think that the switch is the problem - do you?). I have reserved the My Cloud IP on the router. I have also tried to put the reserved number outside of the dhcp range of the router. But it doesn’t matter if the reserved IP is within dhcp range or outside.

Best,
Roger