MyCloud front indicator lights

Pob wasting my time here. I have a 3TB MyCloud (Part No:WDBCTL0030HWT - NESN) which has performed flawlessly for 3 years…and still does. Current prob. is that the front panel light is completely dead. The answ. from WD was, of course, my unit is out of warranty and they don’t supply parts like the indicator bulbs. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Others have reported the front LED burning out or one color of the LED burning out (typically the blue indicator). Haven’t seen anyone claiming to replace the front LED module yet though since it would require removing the existing LED module and replacing it by soldering the new one (exact replacement) in place.

If your My Cloud is working fine then about all one can do is ignore the dead LED and keep an eye on the Dashboard diagnostics section/report to see if it will indicate further issues with the unit.

@Jeepman
This short video of mine should be up on You Tube shortly. My blue LED does not come on and stay blue once the My Cloud has booted up. You will see in this that it blinks blue in the left corner as it is completing the start up.