Mycloud firmware upgrade from 5.12.108 to 5.25.124

Hello,
I already upgraded my myCloud device to OS5 a long time ago.
Now it is working fine, but I can see there is now a new firmware available, so I can upgrade from 5.12.108 to 5.25.124. But the upgrade fails.
It completes the download up to 100% but in second step, which is installing, it says immediately “error in downloading” (“error en la descarga” in spannish).
I tried to look up to the latest OS5 firmware for mycloud in the web to install it manually from a file or USB, but I can’t find it.
Any support please?
Thank you!
Best regards /Sami

@samiy

Download the update to your desktop or if you already have it saved somewhere move it to your desktop.

Once it is on your desktop open your dashboard and manually install from there. See example image below. Click on, Update From File and select the file on your desktop.

Example image from my update of firmware.
MyCloudFirewareUD112022

OS5 Community sub-forum!!!
Latest My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage/My Cloud topics - WD Community

Note there are OS5 specific subforums where you can discuss OS5 issues. This subforum deals with the no longer supported OS3 (v4.x and v2.x firmware) on the single bay/single drive My Clouds.

If you don’t know how to manually update your OS5 firmware see the following WD Knowledge Base Article:

My Cloud OS 5: Auto and Manual Update Firmware
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/31757

You can download the latest firmware for your device from the device’s support page. Click the Support link at top of page and navigate through the Support site to find your OS5 My Cloud device. Then see the Download section for your device which will have a section for downloading the latest OS5 firmware file.

Hi cat0w,
Thank you so much for your answer. However, the point is that I couldn’t find in WD’s web site where to download this specific firmware version. Maybe I just missed some obvious search result… Any clue?
BR /Sami

I found finally the place where to download the newest firmware from:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detailweb/p/126
I downloaded first the file named “WDMyCloud_5.25.124_prod.bin”
BUT … still some error as shown in attached snapshot.

And YES, the mycloud device is working fine , it is connected to internet and visible from the cloud…

Then, I downloaded the file named “WDMyCloud_GPL_v5.25.124_20221115.tar.gz” (1.8GB!) found in some other part of the page.
BUT… it didn’t like the file, as shown in second snapshot.

It would look like this firmware version is corrupted if I wouldn’t see that you could upgrade it successfuly!

Is this where you went for the download?

My Cloud OS 5 Firmware Release Note v5.25.124 - My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage / Announcements - WD Community

Yes, this is correct, but still unable to install it (see post above). Thanks !

See the correction I made to my last post.

Yes, I saw your correction. I think I am downloading the correct file (WDMyCloud_5.25.124_prod.bin), but still same error, either manually with this file, either automatically :frowning: .
I will have to figure out how to join proper technical support then.

Thank you Bennor,
As explained in reply to cat0w, I think that now I am downloading the correct file (WDMyCloud_5.25.124_prod.bin) from the correct place, but still I have the same error, so it doesn’t work either automatically , either manually. I will try to join WD 's support.

WRONG FILE!!! GPL file is used to build and compile your own firmware. This is the wrong file to use for manually updating the firmware.

What specific My Cloud model do you have? The second generation single bay My Cloud or one of the multi bay models? The firmware for each may be different so one has to download the correct firmware file. You select the option titled: Select your Current Firmware to find your current OS5 firmware version to download. For example if one has a second generation single bay My Cloud model this is the correct (and latest) Firmware Release 5.25.124 (11/29/2022):
https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloud_5.25.124_prod.bin (approx 166MB in size)

Hi Bennor,
Yes, I realized after that post that the tar.gz was the wrong file, but it was a “desperate attempt”. The first and confirmed and reattempted one was the one you mentioned, that is definitively not working on my side.
Thank you anyway!
BR /Sami