Mycloud extremely slow

Could it be because my Atheros driver duplex speed says max 100Mbps Full Duplex? I’m not understanding why it’s such slow… But my specs says it could handle 1000 indeed…

It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s just that I think you’re looking at the wrong thing; you want to test the speed of your intenal network, not your external network, which is what Speedtest is doing; it’s going to an external test host server.

Your PC is connected to port 2 of your router, isn’t it?

You have a 100Mbps WAN (tallies with your Speedtest result).
You have a 1gigabit link to your MyCloud (tallies with the green network LED).
You have a 100Mbps connection to your PC. You need to find out why that is, and correct it.

Are you sure you have a Cat5_e_ cable?

In Windows, start the ‘Network and Sharing Center’
For your ‘active networks’, select ‘Local Area Connection’.
That will show the link rate, and allow you to set the properties of the interface, and diagnose faults.

Welll, how can i test the internet speed?

When i check what you said it’s a 1gbps connection from my notebook to my router with 100% sure a cat5e cable.

Also checked the cable from the router to the cloud alsof 5E.

You don’t need to test the internet speed. You need to test/identify your local network speed.

What devices are connected to what ports of your router? You appear to have just two things wired to your four port router; one has established a gigabit connection, the other is 100Mbit. Which is which?

Is your PC connected to port 2 of your router?
Is your MyCloud connected to Port 1 of your router?
It’s a simple question, with a simple answer that will help us pin down where your local network bottleneck is.

Have you looked at the Windows Network and Sharing Center as I suggested? This will tell you definitively what link speed you PC network card has established.

Allright, uhmmm my mycloud is connected to port 1 and my notebook is connected to port 2 thats right. I got 3 phones connected wireless and connected an airprinter. Thats it.

The specs from the router says it all has 10/100/1000 connection, so all four ports could handle the gigabit connection. The one with the 100Mbit is my notebook.

Yes, i checked the network and sharing center it says my notebook LAN is having a 1gbit connection.

My mycloud is giving Green leds so 1gbit.
So somewhere from my router to my notebook it goes wrong. My cable is brandnew by the way.

Correct. Either the laptop’s LAN port is miss configured or reporting the wrong value, or the router is miss configured or the port is bad. Provided of course you’ve tried different Ethernet cables to rule out a bad cable.

Have you connected the laptop to a different port on the router?
Have you checked the router settings to see if it has an option to limit the LAN port speed or if QoS (quality of service) is perhaps causing the slow down on that LAN port?
Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults?
Have you tried connecting the My Cloud direct to the laptop and copying a file (or running a Crystal Disk Mark test) to see if speeds/throughput are any better?
Check the laptop manufacturer’s website to see if there is an updated LAN driver for your laptop, or check the laptop LAN adapter manufacturer’s website to see if there is an updated LAN driver.

Have you connected the laptop to a different port on the router? Yes I did
Have you checked the router settings to see if it has an option to limit the LAN port speed or if QoS (quality of service) is perhaps causing the slow down on that LAN port?QOS is turned off
Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults? I restored it to defaults already
Have you tried connecting the My Cloud direct to the laptop and copying a file (or running a Crystal Disk Mark test) to see if speeds/throughput are any better? How can i do this?
Check the laptop manufacturer’s website to see if there is an updated LAN driver for your laptop, or check the laptop LAN adapter manufacturer’s website to see if there is an updated LAN driver. Also already checked my drivers

Just connect the My Cloud to the laptop’s Ethernet networking port.

damm bro… I found the solution. Very strange but… I connected my modem to a router to the nighthawk upstairs. I thought it was another 1gbit router but it just was a 100 mbit… Sooo my router upstairs received the 100mbps but it couldn’t use it because it was limited by my other router…

Stupid as hell sorry man! My cloud making back-ups with 80mbp/s right now. Seems a lots of better!

THanks man!

39 Yes. Mycloud extemely slow too. i have several storage device on my network but slowest is mycloud.

1 Like

It is for me too. extremely slow though I 've tried everything even changin the router, but it keeps slow slow and slow.

You should enable ssh and then use putty in order to remove files really fast. Or use winscp for a graphical UI.