MyCloud EX4 Backup Setup - Entire EX4 NAS in one job

I would like to have the ability to backup my enitre EX4 to an external USB drive.  I know the feature is already in the unit, but you have to schedule one folder at a time, so it would be nice to schedule the whole unit, and then only have it backup the files that have changed, and not the whole unit. It could be kept in one folder on the USB drive, instead of creating individual folders with dates and times. Also would like to see the ability to remove permissions from the USB backup share so that you can restrict who sees all the data from the EX4. 

9 Likes

I totally agree that the backup procedure needs some looking at.

We are an IT consulting firm including reseller / system builder.  We are trying to find a NAS unit, resonable priced, and has basic features.  Here are some features missing - just related to backups.

1. Should be able to backup the complete NAS unit to an USB drive in the same job.
  • Shares / folder should NOT be required to exist on the USB device (needed to be able rotate backup drives on a schedule - every Friday, etc.)
  1. Should be able to select multiple shares to backup to an USB drive in the same job.
  • Pick 4 of the 10 shares on the NAS unit to be backed up to the USB drive in the same job
  1. **** THE MOST IMPORTANT MISSING FEATURE ****
  • Should be able to schedule the backups. They would occur every night, every Friday, etc.

There is no plan to support the Safepoint feature in EX series of My Cloud.

There is no plan to support the Safepoint feature in the EX series of My Cloud.