MyCloud EX2 Ultra: apkg constantly using 50% cpu

I have noticed that a process called apkg is constantly using about 50% cpu (a single core, I guess) on one of my EX2 Ultras. I’m guess this impacts performance, and it is definitely a source of constant power drain. What is it? How do I make it stop?

In this picture I have recently installed a Plex server, so the resources are contested. Even so, apkg is top offender regarding cpu usage.

1 Like

part of the Plex app ??

No, this issue has been there before I installed the Plex app. Aside from that I have remote backup app and DLNA running. None of which have been active at the point when I looked at the resource consumption.

Hey there, did you ever find out what exactly caused that issue? My MyCloudEX2Ultra has also been annoyingly loud in the last few days even after restarts, and apkg has been at at least 45% CPU load for a few days now whenever I check.

Sadly Google doesn’t point anywhere else but this thread, which doesn’t have a conclusion…

The only things I’m using the NAS for are data storage and as a backup target for my Raspberry Pi (using a simple copy-paste script) and Windows PC (using Veeam), both of which have been restarted aplenty since then as well.

Firmware: 5.26.202
Cloud Status: “Connected” (nothing regarding Indexing or anything like it, the only Share with Mobile & Web App Access enabled is only 25 GB big…)
Storage: 5.7 of 8 TB remaining (2x 8TB RAID 1)