Mycloud EX2 disconnecting from network on latest firmware (1.05.36)

Ralphael wrote:

I’m fairly sure there is some value in my old post and an ip is an ip no matter what kind of device you may have.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Call-me-maybe-WD-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/881610#M35919

I am sure there is good value in that post. At least some of the general ideas contained therein should apply to EX2.

Ralphael wrote:

I have no idea whether the firmware for an ex2 is similar or not similar to the “my cloud”, but the only other reason that a device drops off the network could be the “device too busy” or “device crashing”.

But EX2’s firmware is very different than MyCloud’s and I have in the past seen many EX2 users mistakenly think they can apply a solution (primarily the ones you execute in shell) from MyCloud in their EX2 product, only to find that the shell is quite different. They don’t realize how different the firmwares (and the shells) are between EX2 and the MyCloud. I would say any shell-specific commands/solutions for MyCloud will often be unusuable on EX2, but general network connectivity advice that are not MyCloud-specific are usually applicable to EX2 as well.