MyCloud EX 2 Ultra ultra long capacity check

Hello,
my problem is the very long login time to the dashboard at my EX2 Ultra.
If i login with any account to the dashboard it takes about 10 minutes to get control to the dashboard because the capacity check is taking so long. In that time i can’t click anything, i can just wait for it. This is so annoying and less productive, if i just want to look up something in the settings. (i.e. checking/installing new firmware)
Is there any possibility to disable it or speed it up?

Best regards

By capacity check, do you mean the one where the NAS updates the remaining space and the amount used by Movies, Photos etc? How big are your drives and do you store many small files? Do you have apps like Plex installed? They tend to slow down the system because of file indexing. If it bothers you, and you don’t use MyCloud, disable Cloud Access and apps like Plex.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mean. The check for available storage etc.
My drives have 3 TB each and are in RAID 1.
I haven’t installed an app and i’m just using the direct access through the file explorer of my OS and the MyCloud app on my smartphone.
But disabling Cloud Access and everything else, i don’t need the NAS system anymore!?

I am out of suggestions. Mine are 4TB each but I store mostly movies, so it doesn’t index much, and I deleted Plex because it took up plenty of memory on my older EX2. If you do need to use the WD mobile app, then don’t disable Cloud Access. I stopped using their app a long time ago and use NO-IP for access anywhere, and the Resilio app to sync important files between all my devices. If it is still slow and you cannot disable anything else, then I could only suggest a system restore to see if that fixes it.