MyCloud app vs Windows Explorer

I am using Windows 7 Home on a PC and a laptop with Android on a cell phone.

When using Windows Explorer on the PC, the MyCloud HDs (including a USB 3.0 connected WD Passport 1TB) are treated like any other HD on my PC. On the laptop, not so much. There, when I try to bring up the MyCloud, I get a “Windows cannot ACCESS \XXXXMYCLOUD” message.

I can access XXXXMyfrom the PC, the laptop and my Android phone using the MyCloud app (and password). The differences between Windows and Android I get. But when logging in on the PC, the app shows “Connected WD Devices” in the initial page. On the laptop, the app shows “Connected WD Devices” and “Devices Found in Your Network” on the initial page.

Can someone give me any idea of why these differences between the PC and laptop exist and how to change it?

I have the same setup as you, Windows 7 SP1 on Desktop and Laptop. My cellphone is Android too.

For your first question, how do you try to open up the My Cloud on your laptop. Below is a image of what I see when I open up my laptop using the following steps. Start>Network>WDMYCLOUD. Ignore the Problem Steps Recorder. My shares show and I can open them and see the same thing I would see on my Desktop.

Below is a image of what I see when I use the My Cloud App on my Desktop or Laptop.

Does all of your devices have the same Workgroup name?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

This forum will not allow me to add graphics.

You should be able to add graphics.  They just need to be cleared by the moderators.

I keep getting a message that the HTML is wrong.

The images have been “approved” and are in my “From my uploaded images” box. 

I still get the message, “Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.”

Where do I learn how to post those images here?

It is telling you what to do, all you have to do is look at your post and if it looks alright then click on post. See your information below.

I still get the message, “Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.”

When I click preview, everything is gone.

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.”

I never click preview when this happens to me I just click on Post or Submit. I can’t remember what shows but the next time it happens to me I will try to remember to get a screen shot.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

It happens when I select post or submit.