MyCloud App - no streaming mpeg / NEF files

Hello,

i’ve a my cloud. But in The problem is, that i can’t stream mpeg files with The ipad App. Is this normal? Mpeg is One of The most wanted Movie format. Is it possible that wd would fix that?
The other Problem is, that my NEF photo files also aren’t Showmaster in The photo App for THE ipad. Can u fix this Problem also? NEF is a standard photo Format from Nikon.

Tanks for answers!

alltimemedia wrote:
Hello,

i’ve a my cloud. But in The problem is, that i can’t stream mpeg files with The ipad App. Is this normal? 

Yes, that’s normal.   It only “streams” files that are supported by the device being used.   iPad doesn’t support .mpg files, only mp4 (m4v) and avi files of a specific type.

If you want to play them, you’ll need to download them into the app, then “Open With…” to an app that supports those files, such as VLC.

Is it such a Problem for wd to integrate The other file formats? Especially at The pics it is a pitty…

Hi.

I am planning to purchase a MyCloud. My main purpose would be to stream movies (mostly avi files) to my ipad. Generally, I transfer an avi file to the vlc ipad app through itunes, and then watch the avi video on ipad.

Now, if i purchase the mycloud, I am afraid if it would beat my purpose. How do I determine if a particular avi file could be played or not. Pls help.

Thanks a ton. 

Actually I tried opening an avi video file in the ipad Dropbox app, and it worked. Similarly, it would be great if the mycloud ipad app can play avi too :smiley: