MyCloud and MyCloud Home On Same LAN

Ok Ive searched and searched but cant find out if what I want to do is possible but everything I read before I bought the Mycloud Home device seemed to make me think I can do what I want to do.

My Mcloud device is a few years old (4Tb Drive) and Its getting to the stage where I am concerned if it fails that I will lose a bunch of stuff.

I bought a new 4TB Mycloud Home device and I had hoped to have them sync the same way the old WDMcloud devices should have done (I cant buy the older device now I dont think other than used) but I cant find a way to do this.

So I have 2 x WD Devices @ 4TB each that i essentially want to either mirror or have 1 of them sync to the other nightly etc …

Can this be done at all?

-Gordon

I was essentially in exactly the same position as you, except I had a MyBook Live.

Look at FreeFileSync >> https://freefilesync.org/

and you should be able to achieve what you want to do.

Unfortunately the software utilities provided for the MyCloud Home by WD are very limited

1 Like

Thanks for this.

Whilst it will do what I need it unfortunately needs to be proactively kicked off on the Mac and doesn’t seem to just let these 2 devices work together without the Mac/pc running the program.

Or have I missed something?

sorry don’t use mac but did you look at the realtime sync options in the tutorial section of their website

and of course the mac would have to be running

The issue is really the Mac having to run for it to work . real time sync is great but with multiple devices adding data it’d be , I think , unsync’d until I fired up the Mac …

yes, but you have no other option afaik