MyCloud Access codes

You click a button and it generates them -

BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THEM??

I look at the cloud access page on the MyCloud, and it lists my 2 computers (one of which is the desktop that’s never going anywhere) and my iPad, even though I never entered any access code.

Meanwhile, my son’s Kindle seems to work, but it’s not listed in the cloud access panel (although there is the code waiting to be entered)

SO WHERE DO I PUT THE CODE?

I keep searching everywhere, and I get obscure instructions, but nothing that says ‘click here and enter the code’.  Do I have to? If not, why is it there?

1 Like

littlewillie65 wrote:

I keep searching everywhere, and I get obscure instructions, but nothing that says ‘click here and enter the code’.  Do I have to? If not, why is it there?

Did you try reading the manual?

In the My Cloud manaul pages 60-69 (in the English version, at least) describes how and when codes are used.

So it’s not asking me for the access code because I’m setting it up on the same network the MyCloud is on – That’s what you’re saying to me , right?

As Tony said, you need to read the User Manual, http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf .

If the code has been there longer than 48 hrs you can’t use it, so delete it.

Edited: Here is some more information for you. This is found under Cloud Access, Help, in the Dashboard. See image and info below.

Granting Remote Access to a Mobile Device (Alternate Method)

This procedure describes an alternate way of getting remote access to your cloud from a smartphone or tablet. Note: This method is risky if you use it to grant access to a mobile device that you don’t own or use. The owner of the mobile device could get the same administrator privileges as you.

To grant remote access to a mobile device:

1. If you haven’t already done so, enable remote access to your cloud for all users. How do I do that?

To enable remote access:

1. Click Settings.
  2. In the left pane, click General.
  3. Turn on Remote Access.

1. Install the WD Photos and WD My Cloud apps onto the mobile device. See Downloading WD Mobile Apps.

2. Click Cloud Access.

3. In the left pane, click the name of the user whose mobile device you want to grant access to the cloud.

4. Click Get Code.
    WD My Cloud displays a code you must enter into the mobile device within 48  hours. Write down this code to ensure that you remember it.

5. Click Finish.

6. On the mobile device, enter the activation code.
    After the device is activated, access the content on the WD My Cloud drive through the WD Photos and WD My Cloud apps.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

1 Like