MyBoookLive and WDTV: lags in wired connection

Hello All,

I have a router Belkin N750, connected to the modem, a PC and a MyBookLive. The router is connected to a switch (Cisco SE1500), who is connected to a wdtv liveplus and a ps3 (all connection wired). I use the MyBookLive as a source to watch movies through the wdtv.

And here is the problem, all the movies that I try to watch are with lags. The only way to watch movies without lags is downloading something (using a bit torrent software) direct to the MyBookLive. In that case, the movies run very nice. The problem occurs with files of many sizes, but it is worse in bigger files. Other informations:

• I always use the wdtv in net sharing mode (if I use as media server, the subtitles doesn’t work)
  • All the firmwares are updated
  • The UPNP of the router is enabled
  • If I connect the wdtv direct to the router, the problem remains.
  • The port forward of the router is enabled (port 80 TCP, port 88 UDP, port 3074 TCP and UDP, port 53 TCP and UDP, Internal ports 80 and 443 for TCP/UDP and external ports 7880 and 9843).

I’m really sad about this problem, because that was the reason why I bought the MyBookLive.

Could someone help me?

leogc wrote:

And here is the problem, all the movies that I try to watch are with lags.

The only way to watch movies without lags is downloading something…direct to the MyBookLive.

I’m confused.  Where are the movies when you have “lag” versus when you do not, and how are you watching them?

The way you describe the problem, it sounds identical – you’re watching movies on a WDTV where the data is on an MBL in both cases.

I’m sorry about the mess.

The movies are in MyBookLive, and I watch the movies in wdtv in both cases. The only difference is that if MBL is “alone” I have lags. if I turn on the PC and download something to MBL, the lags disappears.