MyBookLive remote access problem

Hi all,

I’ve recentrly bought anf set up a MyBookLive 2TB drive which I think is great however I’m having an issue when I try and access remotely.

I’m visiting www.wd2go.com and entering my username and password, I can then see my drive. I click the down arrow and select “View Shares”. This is ment to then show me my shares so I can access content located within, however the web browser automatically skips past this page through to this webpage -  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html

I thought it was maybe a Java install problem so I checked I had the latest version but it still doesn’t work

Anyone able to help me?

Thanks

i thought there was a code you had to enter first. you get it from the dashboard of MBL when adding devices?

If you’re being redirected to Oracle, it’s because whatever Java client you have isn’t registered correctly in your PC.

Try uninstalling ALL instances of Java and reinstalling.

It could also be that you have Java disabled in your browser settings.

Davem3TF wrote:

i thought there was a code you had to enter first. you get it from the dashboard of MBL when adding devices?

That’s just for mobile devices (iPhones, Android, etc.)  Not web-based clients.

I had this error on one of my PC when Java was installed and appeared to be working fine. I removed it and then reinstalled from www.java.com and the page then worked fine.

I found the page that www.wd2go.com redirected to quite bizarre as it’s not clear how to download the Java that you need - whereas www.java.com is easy to use as there’s a big Download button which makes the process simple !