MyBook World Slow Unstable Transfer Rate

I recently ran into problems with my WD My Book World Edition 2 (2TB - White Light - Single Drive), because the transfer rates, when copying a file to the harddrive is REALLY low and unstable. The copy dialogue starts with showing 10-11mb/s and drops to 0 immediately then it goes up to around 900kb/s and drops to 0 again and this is ongoing repeatedly till the file is finished copying.

That means a transfer rate about 400kb/s - 800 kb/s which is unacceptable for using the drive normally. I use the newest firmware (1.02.14). Is there anything I could do, to improve this rate or the stability of it? Does anyone have the same problem?

Hello, check if the link below helps. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5736/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2MTczNTc3MS9zaWQvSHdTbk5Hamw%3D

Hello,

no that Link is unfortunately not the solution because I use a Gigabit Modem/Router connected with Gigabit capable LAN cables and the board of the PC, which is used to move the files, supports Gigabit as well.

I also tried different firewall / AV solutions and different PCs.

My main problem is the instability of the transfer rate, which shouldn’t be that worse even if I only had a 100Mbit/s connection?