MyBook won't turn on after firmware update- edit: getting it replaced under warranty

I’ve had this drive for about a year, and don’t remember the exact name- it’s a single 3.5" silver enclosure, with the display on the front which doesn’t disappear when it’s turned off.  Two Firewire 800 ports and a mini USB.

I updated the firmware for the first time just now, and it completed successfully.  Afterwards, it told me to restart my computer and power cycle the drive.

The power button on the back didn’t work (not unusual for this drive- I hate that power button), so I unplugged the power cable and plugged it back in.  Nothing.  I can’t get it to turn back on.  No noise, no vibration, the white LED on the front doesn’t come on, nothing.

Help!  I reformatted it beforehand, so there’s no data to recover.  I’d just like to use this drive again.

Ok, so I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with WD support, and I’m getting it replaced under warranty.

Still, after reformating a drive you can recover the data using the software in the link, is called FileScavenger.