Mybook series on Windows7 won't go standby/sleep on quick removal mode

Hello guys

I just got some issue with mybook studio series…

i have Mybook studio 2TB (mac) and Mybook Studio ii 1TB (raid1)

and on windows7 64bit, mybook won’t goes sleep/standby

after trying several things (reinstall driver, change windows power settings, etc)

i found out that IF mybook set to “quick removal” it wont go standby

and i need to set to “performance mode” 

the bad things on performance mode :

is sometimes i can’t do safe remove hardware because sort of cache issue, even not really a problem

while the bad things on quick removal mode :

is because the drive wont powerdown/ goes standby / sleep, it keep online and the temp is abit high

it reach around 48 for mybook studio … while mybook studio ii ever reach 52 which is to high!

anyway, i want to know if this normal behaviour ?

or do someone have a way to keep mybook on “quick removal” mode while still goes standby after few minutes?

SLYPHNIER wrote:

anyway, i want to know if this normal behaviour ?

or do someone have a way to keep mybook on “quick removal” mode while still goes standby after few minutes?

Not normal to me, you can try downloading and application called  Drive Manager , about the single drive MBS

, can you check if the problem happens while on firewire or usb?

i installed both drive manager and SES driver

after i see the issue, then i remove SES driver, letting my book studio ii detect driver from drive manager

but still getting same issue.

here list what i done :

1. uninstall all WD software (including file+registry remove for any leftover)

2. try just installing a software with one device at one time (because having several drivers installed might the cause of issue)

3. changing power-save setting (hdd power-down + usb selective suspend)

all same, the only way to solve the issue is to switch from “Quick Removal mode” to “Performance mode”

because it effect to both of mybook studio, i believe its nothing wrong on the hardware + my hardware + OS/Software

So people want their unit running all the time should switch their to “Quick Removal mode”

and people want to use power-save function need to switch to “Perfomance mode”

the good things on Quick Removal mode it :

you been hearing people can’t remove the drive without rebooting, this wont happen on Quick Removal mode

the possible down-side is it might decrease some performance

i haven’t test whether firewire or e-sata giving same behaviour or not

but reading that many people have some sort of issue when plugging to either one, i think better use USB

plus i got many USB port on my mobo (8x usb2 and 2x usb3)

and the firewire + esata cable that came from Mybook not long enough, and i didn’t bother buy for longer cable

Note : I connect this to USB, as you can see i mention power save setting on USB