MyBook LIve Problem after upgrading to Win 8

Hello,

I had a MyBook LIve connected on my lan on a Win 7 PC. MyBook was pass protected but the password was registered by Win7 so I could access without logging each time, via Windows explorer. I’ve upgraded (not reinstalled) to Win 8 which lost the access data.

Now both WD Smartware or Windows Explorer resquest a profile name and password.

I got the password, but … which profile name ?? Under Win 7 … is it the Windows profile nam ? Or the Win 8 profile name (both don’t work anyway) … Curiously I don’t remember needing some profile name when I set up the password…

So now I’m stuck with that data problem and can’t access my datas anymore.

1. what can I do ?

2. I’ve seen I still got the “old windows” files that Win8 stocked in another directory. Is it possible to retrieve something from there ??

Thanks for your help.

For the MBL the user name and password is admin/admin, if that doesn’t work use the Windows Username/password that you use to log into your computer. You can also try disabling password protection sharing. 

To turn off password-protected sharing in Windows 7

Open Advanced sharing settings by clicking the Start button  Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, typenetwork, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.

Click the chevron  Picture of the chevron icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

Under Password protected sharing, click Turn off password protected sharing, and then click Save changes.  Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.