MyBook Live failure

Hello everyone. I am hoping to find answers here to a problem I’ve having no luck resolving on my own. I had a 3TB MyBook Live NAS stop functioning and display a red light on the front of the unit. I’ve pulled the drive from the enclosure as I do not believe the drive (WD30EZRS WD Caviar Green) failed, I purchased a SATA powered adapter to plug the drive into my laptop as an external USB. I does not show up in File Explorer (Windows 10) but does show in Device Manager under “Disk Drives.” When you look at the device properties from Device Manager, under the Volumes tab there is no information about the drive populated there. Under the Events tab, the first logged entry is “Device started (disk)”, the second entry is “Device configured (disk.inf)” and the final entry is “Device not migrated.” Apparently the windows installed device driver is my only option as I have searched high and low for an alternative. Only thing left I have considered is looking into placing a jumper on the 8-pin jumper block. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hello,

After you connect the drive using SATA adapter, run diagnostics using WD Data Lifeguard tool. It should detect the drive:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6226

You may use 3rd party data recovery software:

Thank you for the reply Jonty. Hdre are the test results using the WD Data Lifeguard tool.

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WDC WD30EFRX-68AX9N0
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number:
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 18:48:28, June 04, 2020
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number:
Test Time: 18:48:38, June 04, 2020
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number:
Test Time: 18:50:05, June 04, 2020
Test Option: QUICK TEST
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number:
Test Time: 18:50:12, June 04, 2020

Any further guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you