MyBook Live Duo occasional stuttering + suspect activity. Please help!

Hello,

I own a MyBook Live Duo, connected via Ethernet to my home router and set up as RAID. It is 1.4T filled on a 2T capacity, It recently has started behaving anormally, and I really need your help as I can’t solve the issues:

1. Any PC-based media player shows brief but very annoying stuttering when playing MP3s from the Duo. Powering it down and up again seems to temporarily solve the issue, but then it resurfaces. Please note that this is not a bandwidth nor player issue, as they have been repeatedly tested OK.

2. The Duo tends to be very frequently active by itself, even when no application is using it. I confirmed that remote access is off, so I cannot place the reason for this activity. Please note that the (Win10) PC it is attached to is clean of any malware, as I run multiple detectors/cleaners for possible offending hidden software and I got no positives.

3. Any access to the drive dashboard via the WD software (or just the IP, via browser) is very long. Say, 45 seconds to display the dashboard, and more to make it actually clickable.

Can anybody help me with a solution? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Hi Tracian,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

Thank you!