MyBook Live Duo disconnecting from network

Hi All,

My MyBook Live Duo 4tb has recently started to disconnect from my network. I have tried to search for a solution in the forums but haven’t found anything conclusive.

The NAS is wired directly into my Netgear router, is configured with a static IP and is outside of the DHCP scope for the network. When it drops off the network, I can still ping the device via a command prompt and removing the network cable from the NAS whilst the ping is running returns a ‘no response’ from the device. The ping response returns when the cable is plugged back in so I know it is there!!!

I also can’t connect to the device via the management page when it drops off the network so the only way to bring it back is to pull the plug and power cycle it.

I have tried replacing the network cable to rule that out, changed physical port on the router and checked the obvious things like firmware is current etc. I have also turned off the power save option within the management just to check it wasn’t something like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Unfortunately, if the unit has suddenly started dropping out from your network while power saving is disabled and you have tried different Ethernet cables, ports within your router and a static IP configuration then it could be a sign of unit fatigue.

Try running a system diagnostic test in the Dashboard under Settings> Utilities> Diagnostic, then proceed to run both a short and full test. If the unit fails either of them then it should be replaced.