MyBook Folders appear, but try to open says folder empty

Hello,

I am a computer novice so please bear with me. I purchased a 750gb My Book Essential Edition 2.0 a couple of years ago and it worked fine on my HP desktop with Windows Vista. I now have a new HP laptop with WIndows 7. The drive appears i my computer, I can open the drive and see all of my folders, but when I click on a folder (family pictures for example) it says the folder is empty. When I check the properties of the folders, it shows I have files in that folder, they just don’t appear when I attempt to open the folder.

I read on a forum to try going into disk management and change the drive letter, which I did, and it continues to do the same thing.

Any ideas?

Try deleting the driver in Device Manager disconnect safely and reboot PC. Then reconnect drive. That should load a new driver that may help.

Joe

Thanks Joe…tried it, and it still is saying the folders are empty even though the folder properties are showing there are files in the folders.

I think I resolved my issue…I checked each folder after opening the external drive. I looked at the properties and it showed they were “read-only”. So I unchecked that for each file and it appears that all is there.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Joe