MyBook fails to access data after unplugging and re-plugging in

Hi! I’m new to the forum but not new to using my MyBook Essential 2.0! I’ve had it almost two years but have only very recently started having issues with it. I’ll have it plugged in and will remove it for various reasons (relocation of my laptop and whatnot) but when I go to put it in the USB again, nothing happens. Upon further investigation, I’ve noticed that it spins up, the lights switch on and everything, it makes the connection sound from windows (the little boop-boop), and it shows up in the Safely Remove Hardware Menu. It fails to show up in Device Manager or My Computer as the F: drive. I’ve only recently had this problem and again, it’s only when I disconnect it after it’s already disconnected. I didn’t used to have this issue. Is there anything I can do instead of having to restart the entire computer? (Which solves the issue but becomes seriously annoying). I’ve looked into several opitions, none of which I can actually find specific to my problem on google or in forums. I’m unsure if this is a windows service pack issue, a usb issue, a wire issue or a setting that’s been accidentally bumped or something, but if anybody could offer me advice, I’d be most appreciative! I don’t know a lot of specifics about computers, but I do know my general way around an OS. I just don’t want to be clicking anything or changing my settings on my computer that would seriously mess things up! Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

My specifications are:

WD MyBook Essential Edition 2.0 1TB (FAT32 formatted)

You should check your drive for errors:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwMDYzODg1Ny9zaWQvUTVrekpwcGs%3D