MYBOOK DUO 28TB grunt

I have this drive. It seems to work perfectly. Have had it for over a year.
But every tie it is on it will, at some point, start grunting. Grunt, grunt, grunt, roughly every second. It lasts for minutes, sometimes 30 minutes. I cannot see any activity, the light is not flashing, my utility apps tell me it is idle. So it appears to be a resting issue with the drive - even though it works fine.
Usually notice it whilst it is idle or not doing much. For example, I can stop it by making it do a lot, or at least I can’t hear it - as we know this is a pretty loud drive, poor case.

I’ve run Disk First Aid numerously and it always says all is well.

It sounds like it’s trying to do something and stops. Very regular sound, not like writing. Like starting to write something over and over but never finishing.

It’s not light background activity AFAIK, it is very much like a grunting sound. not high/clicky, more like a HD is trying to clear it’s throat - if you can imagine such a thing - Can I post audio here?

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article: Error

Thank you for your link, but it did not answer my concerns… After some months of usage, by all accounts the EX2Ultra is noisy, and the HD activity is grunting, fans running often, indexing (of some kind). I have got used to it.