My WDTV Live lag when watching movies

Good day,

I try to watch movies on my WDTV live without experiment lagging problem. Movies that I try to watch are .avi or .mkv extension. All movies are store in a WD Book Live 2T which is connected in my cisco router E2500 dual band. The box (WDTV Live) is also connected through the cisco router.

Question:

Does my router speed anough to watch movies that are stored in WD Book Live 2T ?

Is there any existing setup (disk storage,router,ect) out there to fix my lagging problem ?

Please help

Denis 

If they’re connected over your NAS then I could see how you might have an issue with .MKV files but not AVI. I do know that the E2500 has a more limited range than most dual N routers

Hi there,

thanks for the info. Both, the NAS and WDTV Live was hard wired through my cisco. This said I am not sure about the E2500 range. I was suspecting the speed of transferring the date between NAS and WDTV Live through the router. I am not sure but i don’t know if E2500 has giga port. Anyway, I read on a post that WDTV live max speed connection is 300 Mbp. Please help me. I don’t mind to invest more money but I would like to be sure before investing more money.

Thanks