My WDC WD2500AAJS-22RYA0 HD does not want to boot and get till 45 C of temperature

Hello community, this is my first post here. Im having a problem with my HD (WDC WD2500AAJS-22RYA0): simple it wont boot. If I turn off the computer and wait for a couple of minutes it boots. What could be the reason for such behaviour?

Last year I had some power failures at home (electricity outgages -power downs) could be affected my power source?

thanks in advance for any suggestion/tips.

Josh

The following is a report given by running SpeedFan program in windows XP:

Almost every EIDE or SATA hard disk includes S.M.A.R.T. data. That information is collected by the drive itself and contains data that the manufacturer considered relevant to check reliability. The data is made up of several attributes that have a current value, a worst one, a threshold, some raw data, and some flags. Basically, when any attribute’s current value is below its threshold, the hard disk is considered unreliable and likely to fail. By using several techniques, this report tries to give a wider range of info, basing its analysis on advanced comparisons with normal values based on real hard disks and on expert-like checks. The final results are not to be taken as an absolute truth, but they are a very good approach to what a professional would say about your hard disk status. Your hard disk is a WDC WD2500AAJS-22RYA0 with firmware 12.01B01. The average temperature for this hard disk is 35C (MIN=26C MAX=44C) and yours is 44C. Your hard disk’s S.M.A.R.T. attributes are now being analyzed and a full report about the reliability, health and status of your hard disk is generated: Your hard disk is not below any attribute threshold. This is good. Your hard disk was never below any attribute threshold. This is good. Your hard disk is now being compared to real data used to define normal values for your specific hard disk model. This way, the analysis can automatically use proper operating ranges. The images give you an idea of how each attribute is within such range. Current and raw values are shown for easier reference for experienced users. There are 2684 hard disk models in the current archive.

Attribute   Current   Raw   Overall

Raw Read Error Rate
Very good

Spin Up Time
Good

Start/Stop Count
Very good

Reallocated Sector Count
Very good

Seek Error Rate
Very good

Power On Hours Count
Good

Spin Retry Count
Very good

Calibration Retry Count
Very good

Power Cycle Count
Very good

Power Off Retract Count
Very good

Load Cycle Count
Very good

Reallocated Event Count
Very good

Current Pending Sector
Very good

Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count
Very good

Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate
Very good

Write Error Rate
Very good

All of the attributes of your hard disk have normal values. This is good.
The overall fitness for this drive is 98%. The overall performance for this drive is 100%. The link to get back and see a new report about this hard disk in the future is this. Consider that new hard disks and new checks are added over time.

This sounds like a power issue.  If you had power outages, then it’s possible that you had power spikes as well.  That could have damaged your power supply, and even the motherboard, and so on.  You may want to take it to a computer shop to see if there’s been any damage.