My wd320 passport does not show my files when i connect to laptop-win7

dear all,

i need a solution from you. I have WD320 Passport external disk. Recently when i connected to my new lap tap Toshiba  windows 7, suddenly it went off and when i re connected my passport, i can not see my files at all. it is showing some thing different but my files are not visible. The wd320 is absolutly fine but kindly help us to find out my files. I checked with many anbtivirus softwares and scanned the drive. but still my files are not seen on any laptop or desk top. The files are inside but not visible. Kindly help me to come out of this problem asap.

with regards,

shridhar

I guess you had your Passport for awhile and used for some other PC. If this is the case, please check whether you have activated password lock on your passport drive. If yes, please connect to the previous PC and remove password lock using Smartware. Unlocking your drive won’t help in here. You can do the same on new PC but things might get complicated in there.

If this is not your case, report back here with your findings and we will consider other options for your issue.