My WD USB harddisk is not getting recognized after fell from the table

Hi,

Last week, my WD USB hardrive fell down from my desk and stoppped working. When I connect it to laptop, I see a message that “You need to format the disk before you use it”. I did lot of trials and is not succesful. Also ran some of the WD tools as mentioned below and test also shows driver as fine (shows greeen right mark) - but still having this issue. If any of you have seen this kind of behaviour and know some solution - please let me know.

Today I ran WinDlg.exe and it recognizes the drive as

Drive# - 2

Model number - WD My Passport 0748 (USB)

Serial number - [Deleted - Trancer]

Capacity - 1000 GB

Smart status - PASS (I ran both quick test and extended test - both ran OK (extended test ran for 6:30 hours))

With best regards,

Phani.

Hello, if you need to recover your files you can try using a data recovery program, using Google you should be able to find several options. If you don’t need to recover your files you can use DLG to write zeros and the format it to use it again. If you are unable to write zeros or format the hard drive it would unfortunately appear to be faulty. Check the link below for more information.

How to low level format or write zeros (full erase) to a WD hard drive or Solid State drive  

How to get an RMA, (Return Merchandise Authorization) or replace a defective product under warranty