My WD My Cloud can't mount the internal disk

Hi, all

I just got my WD My Cloud 4TB. Got Transmission to work, then proceeded to set up flexget and some other scripts. Everything worked fine right to the point when I tried rebooting. WebUI started saying that the device can’t mount the HDD and all I have is 1,3 gigs of space (internal flash, I guess).

I tried restoring my WD a couple of times, doing quick and full restores. Nothing worked. Then I realised that there is no /dev/sda4 in /etc/fstab — that’s the main partition. This is what I’ve added.

/dev/sda4 /DataVolume ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0

Rebooted my device. Now my disk is mounted in /DataVolume, and all files there were intact, untouched by my full restores.

However, MyCloud still doesn’t recognize the disk from the WebUI and it’s inaccessible through AFP/Samba shares. I’m currently running a full e2fsck on it, but right now I have no idea how to make WD software (not the OS) recognize the disk.

Any suggestions?

There’s lots of other mounts you’re missing, too.

CloudNAS:~# mount
/dev/root on / type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=23056k,mode=755)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=40960k)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=102400k)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory,cpu)
/dev/root on /var/log.hdd type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
ramlog-tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=20480k)
/dev/sda4 on /DataVolume type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=writeback)
/dev/sda4 on /CacheVolume type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=writeback)
/dev/sda4 on /shares type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=writeback)
/dev/sda4 on /nfs/Public type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=writeback)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)

Hi, TonyPh12345

Is that from WD MyCloud? Could you please post your /etc/fstab? I’d try using it in my device.

/etc/fstab isn’t used for anything other than cgroup and /dev/md1.

The various boot scripts in /etc/init.d mount the majority of the volumes.