My wd hard drive can't be fotmated

WD DRIVEemphasized text

Hello there,

In order to better assist you could you give more information about the error you are getting and the computer you are using?

HELLO ArMak am using HP COMPAQ & AM USING WINDOWS 7.I BOUGHT 1TB WD HARD DRIVE LAST WEEK TO USE WITH MY TV.I SENT SOME VIDEOS & WHEN I INSERTED IT TO MY TV I GET INFORMATION THAT I SHOULD FORMAT IT TO NTFS.I HAVE TRIED THE NORMAL FORMAT WHERE I RIGHT CLICK AT THE DEVICE & CHOSE THE FORMAT METHOD.IT TOOK SO LONG BEFORE STARTING & I CANCELLED.NOW MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I INSERT IT IN TO THE COMPUTER IT SAYS THAT I SHOULD FIRST OF ALL FORMAT IT.WHEN I GO TO MY COMPUTER I CAN SEE IT BUT IT DOES NOT SHOW THE VOLUME USED.WHEN I CHECK THROUGH PROPERTIES IT SHOWS THAT IT’S FULL.I HAVE TRIED ALL METHODS OF FORMATING.PLEASE HELPstrong text

Have you tried to reformat the drive on a different computer, to see if this way it works correctly?

Hello ArMak i have tried with a different computer & it brings a message that the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error__

Hi,

Try a different USB cable to see if this helps