My WD easydrive 2 TB doesn’t work with my ps4

I currently have a WD easystore 25FC USB Drive. I would like to connect it to my ps4. When I connect it to my computer, the computer recognizes it in device manager and I can update(fully updated), disable it, or uninstall it. I saw online that you should connect the hard drive to the ps4 and it will ask you to format it. I tried this in multiple USB ports and it doesn’t work. Plz help and thank you

I have a WD Elements Portable 2TB and it works fine with my PS4 Pro … i can’t see why a WD Easystore 2TB would not work ? :confused:

Now, here’s a list of things to know about using an external hard drive with a PS4 Console …

If you’ve planning to use an external hard drive with a PS4 as “Extended Storage” (for installing Games) then then PS4 will ask to format it for use.

Once you’ve done that, the hard drive will no longer be able to be used on a PC/Mac as it’s formatted for PS4 now. (to enable use with a PC again, you must delete all partitions in Disk Management and format/partition it for use with a PC … your PS4 Games/Save will be deleted doing this)

Hard drives used as “Extended Storage” must be plugged directly in the PS4’s USB Ports. ie. You cannot use USB Hub’s (Powered or Non Powered) with Extended Storage drives.

If the PS4 formatting is unsucessful … plug the hard drive into your PC and delete all partitions on the drive making it a RAW hard drive and then try again with PS4 formatting it.

If you don’t want to use an external hard drive as “Extended Storage” but simply want to play media files (Video, Audio, Photos) on your PS4 … then don’t click on “ok” if the PS4 asks to format it !

To use an external hard drive on a PS4 for “Media Playback” the hard drive must be formatted either FAT32 or exFAT (Highly recommend exFAT as this is compatible with files over 4GB)

Finally, you can not use (partition) an External hard drive for use as “Extended Storage” and “Media Playback” on the PS4 … it’s one or the other, you can’t have both (unless you use another hard drive)

I think that covers just about everthing to know :slight_smile: