My theming so far

First off thanks to all the themers on here for the great work and the great ideas. Special thanks to Tinwarble and
extremedigital for the outstanding help they provide.

here is a screen shot of how I have my main folder icons:

and my TV theming.

Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Is the navigation slow?? when you browse from one file to the other?

same question :slight_smile:

I am not optimistic …

Good to see the moviesheet template is working using firetix transparant method.

i see you settled for the black hdtv case, nice choice

I dont keep tv series so i have never really tried multiple files in the same folder.

Same question do you get any lag with your tv setup ?

Also have you made any further changes to the main theme ?

Im using FinalAnodizedCustomisedMoviesheetTHEMEV1.2.2v1 and have not made any modifications to it.

took the homescreen folder icons from firetix link in another post and edited them tothe right size, shape, color in photoshop.

As for the TV one, when you first get into the folder it goes to the 1st episode [naturally]. switching to the 2nd one it lags about 1 second. then the rest seem to flow ok. Was up till midnight working on it so I have not thoroughly tested and this folder that I tested on only has 4 episdoes in as you can see from the image.

I took the Extreme_FinalMix_TV_3_SHEET template that extremedigital created and we modified for TV together. I modified it again and removed the background and the backdrop. Im assuming this makes it move faster. I personally hate the rotating backdrop images.

My next test is to create fancy folder icons with with numbers on them. [1,2,3,4,5,6++++].

Move each episode in its own folder and make the folder.jpg file the number image

So with my “The Cape” example. Would ahve a folder with the folder.jpg image of “the cape-season 1”

Then inside that would be a bunch of folders with images showing numbers 6,7,8,9 [the 4 cape episodes I have]

Do you think this might move faster?

I also took the TV sheet idea in the image above and applied it to Extreme_FinalMix_DVDCase_3_SHEET by removing backdrop and background.

Placed 3 movies in a folder together in my testing folder [offline movies]. So it has all 3 movies, generated JPGs [changed from PNG] and the 3 XMLs all together. Seems to move well too but its only 3 so it may lag, the more movies added.

I also discovered something else when it comes to naming the folder.jpg files. in the TV Series folder there are 0 files except the folder image, the rest are TV series folders. With this setup, you do not need to name the image folder.jpg. I have it named “TV Series.jpg” and it still works as you can see in the 1st screen shot.

however in the “Offline Movies” folder this did not work as all the files were directly in this folder. so i had to rename it to folder.jpg for the image to appear like it is in the screen shot above… weird.

Hope this is all easy to understand.

thanks

Don’t  quite follow everything Drizz, but thats perhaps because i’m a novice at the whole concept, however i do understand the difficulty in trying to make TV series work with a predominately MOVIE orientated theme.

One problem is the portarit landscape conflict (speaking in old style terms here), whereby the hub FW seems to be generated/ programmed purely by the portrait driven folder view, and having thought about it logically it would seem that one view (ie gallery view) works great with films but not so great with tv series/ episodes.

I wonder if WD would consider giving us TWO options of viewing folders to encompass both requirements, landscape and portrait!!??!! 

On a more positive note I think the episode numbering system of the thumbnail would be an excellent addition to the overall theming iniatitive! please post this on Tinwarbles mini themeing post when you have mastered this concept.

cheers!

architectonic wrote

On a more positive note I think the episode numbering system of the thumbnail would be an excellent addition to the overall theming iniatitive! please post this on Tinwarbles mini themeing post when you have mastered this concept.

cheers!

See 

“split-sheet episode thumb (full fan)” help