My ssd shows up everywhere but disk managment

I have a 1tb wd black HDD and a 1tb wd blue sn570. my HDD is my boot drive and has everything on it and I want to transfer everything to my SSD but I cant initialize my drive because its not in disk management. shows up in Bios Device manager and the WD firmware. Can anyone help?

Hi @Nemix,

How To Initialize a Secondary Drive on Windows: How To Initialize a Secondary Drive on Windows

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I know how to initialize a disk but my problem is it’s not even there it shows up in device manager and bios but not create and format hard disk partitions

connect the SSD to another computer to check if it appear in disk managemnet. this will help determine if the issue is specific to your computer or if its related to SSD information itself.

If your SSD is part of a RAID array, it will not show up as a separate drive in Disk Management. You will need to access the RAID array through the RAID controller software. Also, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your SSD installed.

It was a dead chip :frowning: