My PC won't recognize my wd passport

After unlocking the WD unlocker, my pc won’t recognize my wd passport. This situation happened when I connect my external to other USB3.0 cable, then  when I returned it to my own cable, it doesn’t work anymore. WD Smartware doesn’t also help me fix the problem. I have also tried to connect it to other computers. Here, I attached a prt scr image of my computer. thanks in advance. please help with this one

2 Likes

Hi, once you unlock the passport, go to the disk management window and check if it’s recognized there.

1 Like

It was recognized in the dskmgmt but did not respond. 

Untitled.png

peço ajuda para salvar meus arquivos no WD passport, que não é reconhecido pelo Win7, 

Google Translate: I ask for help to save my files on WD passport, which is not recognized by Win7,

http://translate.google.com.do/?hl=es&tab=TT

My files weren’t important, i just want my passport to work again. And this is 2-year old so I cant use its warranty. I’ve tried using TestDisk, but its analysis was my passport has no partition. My Computer and dskmgmt do not respond until I remove my passport. 

Just to be sure, don’t use any USB extension cables or USB hubs to connect the HDD, another option that you have is to use DLG to write zeros, check the link below for the steps. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1211/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1MDY1OTQxOS9zaWQvQzNRbks2OWw%3D

How bout this? Quick test says too many bad sectors are detected. I feel hopeless because every app/software, my compter, dskmgmt hung up when my passport is plugged. 

Sound like a hard drive you need to replace. :confounded:

I have two 500g wd passport external diirves, just upgraded my desktop pc to windows 8 from windows 7 and now I cannot open either of them, I have data on both and dont want to loose it.

my windows 7 laptop can still see the drives just fine, with no problems scanned and defraged both drives with W7 NO PROBLEMS…

but windows 8 cant axcess the drives, it see’s them but cannot open either of them.

drives are NOT LOCKED.

I can open them in windows 7 and my xp computer that we use for our TV…

i would upload an image but it is exactly the same as the one uploaded by the first poster

i will be out of town for 2 weeks and my pc will be turned off I hope by that time some one can figure out why windows 8 is having so much problems with external drives…