My Passport won't load after Unlocked

Hello! I was using my My Passport earlier today and it was working fine but now I’m trying to open it and it won’t work. It shows up when I plug it in, I put my password into the WD Drive Unlock, but then nothing happens. I can’t access any of my files that I’ve got saved on it. I try to unlock it again and it says its already unlocked. Maybe I’m just a noob and can’t figure out how to open it but I’ve used it many times and never had this problem before.

Thanks for your help!!

• Kyle
1 Like

Hello,

What operating system are you running on your computer and did you try accessing the drive from a different computer?

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem on my hard disk. I tried a different computer and windows as you say. But the result is the same. I wrote mail yoluyla support. There is no return for 3 days. And I have a exam in one month. I have to take my lessons notes urgently. Help me pleaseeeee.

1 Like

I’m running windows 10. I was going to try it on my other laptop but I didn’t have time before I left on vacation. Going to try it when I get back. I wanted everything backed up before I left

In first, check in Disk Manager (or Disk Utility in case of Mac), does drive is recognized or not.

I’m kind of having the same problem, except my passport doesn’t have a lock on it. I was going through the testing on my Mac and when I bring up disk utility it just continues to sit there on “loading discs”. When I powered down and removed my passport, then turn back on and did the same thing, it immediately loaded my internal hard drive in the disk utilities section. But, that was with my passport disconnected from my Mac. Does that mean that my passport could be completely unreadable? It did show up when I went in under SYSTEM INFORMATION and clicked on USB. So not sure what I can do from here?

I’m kind of having the same problem, except my passport doesn’t have a lock on it. I was going through the testing on my Mac and when I bring up disk utility it just continues to sit there on “loading discs”. When I powered down and removed my passport, then turn back on and did the same thing, it immediately loaded my internal hard drive in the disk utilities section. But, that was with my passport disconnected from my Mac. Does that mean that my passport could be completely unreadable? It did show up when I went in under SYSTEM INFORMATION and clicked on USB. So not sure what I can do from here?

Hi kylelh ,

We will be waiting for your update.

I have the same problem. I own a 1 tb Mypassport WD Harddrive. It first happened when I accidentally formatted my hard drive so that I can open my hd in Mac. Now, when I plug my hd in laptops, I only see the UNLOCK/LOCK folder and not the HD folder itself.

How to fix it?

and do you do recovering of files ?

Hope to hear from the staff.

I know this is a very old thread, but I found a Fix that worked for me. Turns out MalwareBytes was doing something odd when I connected my external drives. Force closing MalwareBytes allowed my device to operate normally again. Hooray!! Hope this helps someone else!

1 Like

Did anyone resolve this issue? It seems this is a popular issue with no solution…

No I never got the issue resolved. I ended up losing everything on the drive because I couldn’t open it. Now I have two drives that I use and I just make sure whenever I back up I use both of them in case the other one fails.

• Kyle

i didn’t resolve it…
but on windows 10… go to disk manager … find the letter assigned to ur HDD and make sure it’s online…
simply type the letter in the RUN as X:
it should open

Hello, this happened to me as well. first I unlocked the WD Unlocker by putting in my password but nothing popped up. So What I did for Mac was I went to Finder, then applications (left hand side) after that I clicked Go (on the very top) then Computer and there it was!! I hope this helps someone.

I just had the same problem. What worked for me is free
https://dmde.com/download.html
With that tool i managed to recover my files to another disk.
Hope it help