My Passport Wireless Pro - My Cloud OS 5

Are there any plans to release My Cloud OS 5 for My Passport Wireless Pro devices? My Passport Wireless Pro has been running firmware v1.04.17 for an extended period of time. I also own a My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) and recently upgraded to My Cloud OS 5. For compatibility, I would like to have both of my devices running the same My Cloud OS, so that files can be accessed using the same WD My Cloud mobile app, and so I can back up data from the My Passport Wireless Pro to the My Cloud Mirror. Having to use two different applications (e.g. WD My Cloud & My Cloud OS 5 mobile applications) is not ideal.

My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) - My Cloud OS 5 mobile application.
My Passport Wireless Pro - WD My Cloud mobile application.

There has not been a firmware update for the Wireless pro for an EXCESSIVELY long time.

Even though the units are still sold new. . . .this seems like an end-of-life product.

From the way they are marketing the OS/5 - - - - bring your NAS data on the road; the MPWP does not fit that description (which is very ironic; considering the primary use case is bringing data on the road). Although the OS/5 is not the same security risk OS/3 is; the web app for OS/3 is far more functional.

Right now, I also have an older MyCloud - - - I don’t think that will ever get OS/5 either.